DENIM STORIES by afterDRK



My denim story by the lovely SABRINA MEIJER.

After Anouk and her star embroidered pair of jeans, we went down to the Pinterest worthy home of actress Chloé Leenheer to talk about her favorite piece of denim.
Apart from being an actress (usually on screen though currently rehearsing for War Horse), Chloé is not only a natural in front of the camera, but also has a great eye on the photographers side of the lens.
Her favorite piece of denim? A pair of dungarees.
“I have a very eclectic style, so I own a lot of completely different denim pieces. If I had to chose between my skinny jeans, a worn-out denim jacket and a pair of denim dungarees I’m definitely down for the last one. This might have something to do with the fact that it took me a while to find it.
I was on a trip to Barcelona – my ultimate favorite city in the world – two years ago when I fell head over heels with this particular pair. Finding the perfect one seemed like a mission impossible at that time. I guess where these are all the rage right now, they where nowhere to be found in Holland back then. So when I saw this pair from Topshop in Barcelona I bought it straight away!
It’s one of the best items to own since it is just really easy to wear and can be worn in many different ways. Most of the time I just wear them with a t-shirt underneath, this can either be a simple white tee or – when I feel like it – a hysterical print. Shoe wise I prefer to wear them with heels, since it just makes it a bit more feminine (and I could use some height). Though for long boarding I’ll wear sneakers.
When I think about it they pretty much are more often traveling than at home. I guess I could call them my ‘vacation dungarees’, since these are what I wear most of the time while away. They are perfect for a day at the beach and in the evening I just throw them over my bikini for some cocktails!”




Dungarees - TopShop | Blouse - Lee | Hat - Vintage 
Check this post on afterDRK
Pictures by SABRINA MEIJER
Chloé Chanté Leenheer © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK